Paston Sofia V.
PhD, Associate professor
email: svpaston at list.ru
The study of action of UV and gamma-radiation on the DNA molecule. Photo- and radioprotectors, photo- and radiosensitizers.
- S.V. Paston, O.A. Dommes, A.E. Tarasov. Investigation of Radiation-Induced Damages in DNA Structure by Circular Dichroism and UV Absorption Spectroscopy. In: “Circular Dichroism: Theory and Spectroscopy”, Edited by David S. Rodgers, Nova Science Publishers, Inc., New York, USA, 2012, pp. 313-331 (ISBN: 978-1-61122-522-8) (abstract)
- Paston, S.V., Zamotin, V.V. Conformational changes of DNA γ-irradiated in the presence of aliphatic alcohols in solution. Journal of Structural Chemistry. 2010. 50 (5) , pp. 970-975.
- Paston, S.V., Tarasov, A.E. Effect of caffeine on DNA conformational changes after in vitro gamma-irradiation. Journal of Structural Chemistry 2011. 52 (6) , pp. 1209-1214.
- D. S. Ershov, S. V. Paston, L. A. Kartsova, A. V. Alekseeva, O. V. Ganzha, N. A. Kasyanenko. Investigation of the radioprotective properties of some tea polyphenols. Structural Chemistry, 2011, Vol. 22, Issue 2, P. 475-482.
- Introduction to General Biology (6th semester)
- Basics of Biology (optional) (7th semester)
- Radiation Biophysics (elective) (in the graduate student’s programm “Nanobiophysics”, Applied Mathematics and Physics)
- Physics (1st semester, Chemical Faculty)
Master thesis (from 2011 year):
- “Study of radioprotective properties of caffeine and catechins aliphatic alcohols DNA solutions.” Tarasov AE (2011)
- “Influence of ionic strength on the structure of the DNA molecules changes due to gamma irradiation of its solutions.” Chizhov KV (2011)
- “Effect of cations on some radiation damage to the DNA in solution.” Dommes, OA (2012)
- “DNA interaction with divalent cations in the presence of EDTA.” Ushkov PA (2013)
- “The study of DNA interaction with the metal complex phenanthroline.” Platonov, DA (2014)
- “The impact of metal on the structure of DNA and photosensitivity.” Nikolaev AI (2015)
Bachelor diplomas (from 2011 year):
- “The effect of caffeine on DNA damage in solution under the UV-light.” Platonov, DA (2012)
- “DNA interaction studies with caffeine in the presence of copper and magnesium cations.” Shulenina OV (2014)
At present research is carried out:
- “The effect of low molecular weight ligands on the radiation damage of biological macromolecules” Ushkov PA (2 years post-graduate)
- “The study of DNA interaction with caffeine and catechin in the presence of copper ions and magnesium” Shulenina OV (Master’s degree 2 years)
- “The study of BSA and ovalbumin structure” Abrosimov KV (4th year student)
- “The study of the secondary structure of proteins by IR spectroscopy” Tankovskaya SA (4th year student)